Monday 10 December 2012

Working From Home - Nooooooo!

I woke up and got ready for work as per usual and then something unexpected happened.  I couldn't get the garage door open.  A change in my routine and my whole world is out of sorts. 

I couldn't drive my car to the park and ride at the normal time and I missed my bus into the office.  Technically, I probably could get to the office.  Yes, I definitely could get there.  But the overwhelming panic feeling I feel in my chest is preventing me from doing so.  That's the frustrating part, my brain just isn't working properly.  A change in schedule and I've become non-functional. 

So, I've decided to work from home.  This should be simple.  I have everything I need - my laptop, my phone, my work calendar.  And yet, I still feel unsettled.  And I can't seem to make the feeling go away.

Logically, this shouldn't be a big deal.  But emotionally for me, this is a HUGE deal. 

Its times like these that I wish there was someone to guide me through the emotions.  Someone to help calm me down and get me back to the place where I am fully functional again.  In this moment, I just can't think straight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment